Monday, March 30, 2015

I’ll Stay If I’m Wanted, Smalling Tells Man Utd

chrissmalling-cropped_tc5c5l7bws4p1oedqvgcxuf58
The defender says that he has “not really discussed with anyone” his contract, which is due to expire in 2016, but is keen to remain at Old Trafford

Chris Smalling has insisted he is willing to stay at Manchester United for “as long as the club want me”.
The centre-back’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season, with talks yet to begin over an extension.
Arsenal have been linked with the England international but he insists that he is committed to the Red Devils.
“My contract is one that I have not really discussed with anyone,” Smalling told reporters ahead of the Three Lions’ friendly against Italy on Tuesday.
“The manager is showing his faith in me and, if I am playing, I’m happy. We have got another eight games left in the Premier League season so we will look to finish as strong as we can.
“I do see my long-term future at United. I am enjoying it, I have always enjoyed playing for United, especially at the minute. If I can contribute, as now, then I am happy to stay as long as they want me.”
Smalling has made 18 Premier League appearances for Louis van Gaal’s men this term.

No comments:

TRENDING