Friday, September 04, 2015

Power Lee To Dedicate Title To Delta At 24


Nigerian National Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, Godspower ‘Power Lee’ Ikpide, has vowed to defeat Michel Noudem “Le Matraqueur”, his Cameroonian opponent in the upcoming Pro Wrestling Africa heavyweight title fight.
Power Lee said he wanted to win the fight scheduled to hold at the Palais De Sports, Yaoundé, Cameroon on September 19 and use the African title to commemorate the 24th anniversary of the creation of Delta State.
Delta State was carved out of the old Bendel State on August 17, 1991, and has since grown into one of the top states in terms of sports in the country.
“I am a Delta man to the core with my parent from the state,” he said.

“I have no other business than pro wrestling. I sleep and eat wrestling. Pro wrestling is my life and winning the title and dedicating it to my state at its 24 year anniversary is my own support to the state development.”

The state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, recently called on the indigenes of the state to be more united and committed to the development of the state.
Power Lee enjoined the people of Delta State to rally round him to achieve his goal of winning the African title.

He said: “I have been the national title holder since December 2010 and have never lost a fight since then.
“If I can win the national title on December 19, 2010 I can as well win the African title on September 19, as history can repeat itself.
“You can say the number 19 seems to be my lucky number. I have done it before and I will do it again.”

No comments:

TRENDING