Monday, August 24, 2015

Kikanwa: A sucker for sun shades


Kikanwa: A sucker for sun shades

Fashion designer and current Miss Global Peace Nigeria, Kikanwa Olamide Aroguma; speaks with Dgossip247 about her fashion philosophy.


How do you intend affect lives through your office?
I have an empowerment programme, a skill acquisition that I am working on presently.
Which fashion item catches your fancy while shopping?
I love shoes, and I am a sucker for sun shades.
Do you easily get your fashion items in Nigeria?
My sister has a fashion store in Lagos Island. I just show her a picture of what I like and she gets them for me.
When it comes to fashion will you say your physique works to your advantage?
Whatever body you have, as long as you are comfortable and okay with it whatever you put on will be fine. Yes to an extent, my physique works to my advantage fashion wise.
What is your fashion weakness?
I don’t have a fashion weakness, if my pocket can afford it, yes I will buy but if I can’t, I just let go.
How do you love your makeup and hair?
I like a mild makeup and a well treated hair to go.
What is your sense of fashion?
My sense of fashion is chic and classy and I love strappy heels. Do you consider any fashion item indispensable? Am not greedy, I don’t see any fashion item as indispensable, if I feel have worn something a number of times I give it out. Especially because I am in the limelight, people feel you shouldn’t wear something more than once.
What is your beauty routine?
The first thing I do when I get out of bed is to drink a lot of water; I really don’t have any special beauty routine.
Is there anything you will never be caught wearing?
Fashion is evolving, you can say you won’t be caught wearing something and before you know it, that’s the in thing. But I definitely won’t be caught wearing sneakers on iro and buba. Also, I cannot wear bikini to events.
Do you bleach your skin?
Am definitely not, I love my skin and wouldn’t want to do anything to damage my skin.
Your ready to go outfit?
Jeans and tops.
Signature perfume
I love Dior and Versace.
Most expensive fashion item ever bought?
That should be my Chanel box.
Who is your best designer?
Dolce and Gabbana, Chanel and Versace. I love their product.
What kind of hairstyle appeals most to you?
It all depends on the event I want to attend but I am comfortable in pony tail.

No comments:

TRENDING