Monday, August 24, 2015

‘I slept with my boyfriend’s dad’

‘I slept with my boyfriend’s dad’

Dear Love Doctor, I’m 24 and pregnant. I’m keeping the baby but my boyfriend doesn’t know. I’ve been sleeping with my boyfriend’s dad for like four months now. I wanted to tell my boyfriend but his dad said that if I tell him, he would definitely tell his mother and it would cause a lot of trouble in his family. And I got pregnant around that time. I intend keeping the baby because the doctor said that if I abort this one, I might never be able to have another child. My boyfriend’s dad has promised to give me a lot of money so that I can relocate to another state and live there with my child, but my boyfriend doesn’t know. He said the only option left for me if I don’t want to relocate is to claim that my boyfriend is responsible for the pregnancy. What should I do? From Princess.


Love Doctor’s Advice:
Dear Princess, I’m sorry that you’re in such a bad situation that you caused for yourself. I don’t think it is right for you to transfer the fatherhood of your pregnancy to your boyfriend. It is better to tell the truth and ask for forgiveness from your boyfriend. Leaving town after making your confession might be a good idea, except you decide to marry your boyfriend’s dad.
You may choose to live separately from your boyfriend’s family and raise your child alone to avoid causing further tension within that family. If you don’t want to raise your child as a single mother, you may also decide to have your baby and hand it over to your boyfriend’s dad and family as their property.
Or you could put your child up for adoption. It may not be easy but you can’t run away from the truth. Don’t deny or falsely transfer the paternity of your child to someone else. Since you’re pregnant for his father, consider your relationship with your boyfriend over. Face the truth and in the end you will be happy.
It is either your boyfriend’s dad marries you or bears the responsibility for the upkeep of your child. Your boyfriend’s father should not be allowed to shirk his responsibility towards the child. Don’t let an innocent child who will soon come into the world suffer just because you had him for your boyfriend’s dad. Tell the truth and in the end you will be happy, because having a child for your boyfriend’s father will not prevent you from getting married to a good man in future.

No comments:

TRENDING