Tuesday, June 02, 2015

SO SAD! Tony Harmony, the popular Nigerian singer dies


Popular Nigerian singer, Anthony Akpovwovwo Harmony popularly called Tony Harmony is dead.

TheNetng reports that the Delta State-born singer died on Thursday May 28, 2015 after suffering from stroke. Although the singer updated his Facebook status 11:17 am on May May 28 saying ‘any news of Tony Harmony being dead is false.FROM MANAGEMENT’, the singer’s childhood friend and boss of Now Muzik, Efe Omorogbe confirmed his death saying:


‘Yes, Tony is dead, I was told he suffered stroke a few days after he returned to Nigeria from his base in Ghana to attend his brother’s wedding.’

Tony was said to have relocated to Ghana in 2003 where his music career picked up steam with his electrifying performances on TV3 network music programs as star of the week. He’ll be remembered for some of his hit songs including ‘My Body’ released in 2006, ‘Pain Me’ featuring Mr Raw as well as ‘Hold your baby’.

Comments have however not stopped rolling in on the Facebook update. While some prayed for the singer, some showed uncertainty as they thing the Facebook update might just be a ploy to shield the death of the rising star from the public stare. A commenter, Darlington Smile said:


‘‘As things stands now the only information we can work on is from Tony’s son. Calls from Nigeria and even Ghana says Tony passed on but his son says he is alive. I will be happy to see tony bounce back. Someone called me at 7am this morning giving me the news and I had to wait till another friend of his called to inform me of the news. Our prayer is that the news is false. I have known Tony for so many years and he is like a brother to me. My prayers goes out to him and his family. ”

Another commenter also said: Please Tony is not dead. His condition is critical but we pray for God,s intervention. I heard from the wife that he,s still alive. Please stop circulating false information and pray for God,s intervention. God bless u as u do so.

Few months ago, popular Nollywood actor, Muna Obikwe died an untimely death. He lost his life to the cold hands of kidney disease.

No comments:

TRENDING