Tuesday, June 02, 2015

How I lost my virginity to armed robbers –Nurse


An 18-year-old nurse has disclosed the trauma of losing her virginity to armed robbers. The nurse, Bola (surname withheld), blamed the private hospital authority for her ordeal, insisting that the robbers would not have been able to gain access into the hospital if there were security measures on ground. Aside from the teenager, other nurses who were on night duty on the fateful day were also brutally raped and injured by the hoodlums.

The hospital is located at Egan in Ikotun Igando Local Council Development Area (LCDA) of Lagos State. According to her, she lost her virginity after four robbers who stormed the hospital, took turn to rape her. The robbers were said to have carted away valuables belonging to patients on admission at the hospital. It was learnt that this year alone, robbers have attacked the hospital three times. “The owner of the hospital did not provide security for his staff. I tell you, by this laxity, I and other staff have been subjected to mental torture.

The incident was reported at Igando Police Station, while the medical director of the hospital was arrested and later released on bail,” the traumatised lady said. It was gathered that the robbers stormed the hospital around 3am and gained entrance into the premises by scaling the fence of the hospital. The robbers overpowered the lone security guard immediately they gained access into the hospital premises. The guard was tied and locked in a room before the bandits embarked on their operation.

The Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Adegbola Dominic, who confirmed the incident, said he could not be held liable for the rape of the nurses. Dominic said that he was contacted by one of the staff on duty that robbers invaded the hospital and broke into his office. He said: “When the robbers could not find money, they broke into the patients’ wards and carted away their phones, money and other valuables. “I was also informed that one of my staff was raped. When I asked the victim about the incident she denied it.

I was surprised when the victim’s parents came to the hospital with police and got me arrested over the nurse’s claim that she was raped. “When I got to the police station, I told them I could not be held liable for the victim being raped. I was not the person who sent the robbers to rape her.

She was just a victim of circumstance.” The MD said that it was not the first time robbers would be attacking the hospital, adding that the rape was a new twist to the robberies. He said: “The last time the robbers came; they robbed patients and left before they came again. I’m tired of these incessant attacks. “My hospital is not the only hospital in Egan. I don’t know the robbers’ motive because hospital is a public place where they can’t steal much money if actually they were looking for money. “I have made arrangement with some elders in the community to prevent further attack of my hospital.”

No comments:

TRENDING