Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Tragedy in Imo as mother, three children die mysteriously

Tragedy in Imo as mother, three children die mysteriously
Tragedy struck in Umuoma Umuorji village, Mgbidi in Oru West Local Government Area of Imo State when four members of the same family died in their sleep under mysterious circumstances on Tuesday night after attending the wedding of a relative.
The tragedy has thrown the community into mourning as many villagers bemoaned the bizarre fate that had befallen the family.
Those who died were Mrs. Rachel Igbokwe and her three children Daniel, Chioma and Baby Igbokwe.
The deceased, until their death, lived in Lagos, but only returned recently to attend the wedding of a relative.
As at press time, the actual cause of the tragedy had not be ascertained.
When newsmen visited the family of the deceased in Mgbidi, the late woman’s father said the remains of the deceased had been removed to a mortuary.
However, the mother of the deceased, Mrs. Georgiana Igbokwe narrated how the incident occurred.
According to her: “On Tuesday after finishing our supper around 6 pm. I decided to visit my neighbour to collect cell phone charger. As I was coming back, I saw my daughter Rachel and she told me she was also going to the same place I was returning from. Then I went to my room. Not too long after we all went to sleep.
“When I woke up around 10 pm, I discovered that the generator had been turned off. In the morning, I went to wake them up because one of my daughters would be going back to school that morning. But on knocking on their door, there was no response. We forced the window open and discovered that my daughter’s son, Daniel was foaming and bleeding from the mouth, while his mother, Rachel was covered with the mattress with which she slept.
“We had to force the door to their room open and tried in vain to wake his mother. We also entered the other room where her other children slept and discovered that it was the same situation.”
On whether it could be food poisoning, she expressed doubt, saying: “We ate the same food from the same pot before we all slept. That same rice is what we ate this morning”.
However, a member of the bereaved family, told reporters that Rachel had attended a bachelor’s eve party that evening and returned around 10pm with a packaged food.

No comments:

TRENDING