Saturday, July 18, 2015

What does your ex really think of you now?

What does your ex really think of you now?
They’ve shared the most intimate moments of your life and often know you better than your friends or family but when a relationship breaks down, it’s not always easy to be nice about an ex partner. When London model and lifestyle blogger Stina Sanders got curious about how her former boyfriends viewed her after time had been called on their relationship, she did what most people wouldn’t dare to and sent them an email asking them how they really felt about dating her.
So, when the dust settled, was everything in the love garden rosy? Or was she in for some home truths? Stina, 24, tells FEMAIL the decision to send the emails first came about after a conversation with a friend were both discussing where our exes are now and how different our lives would be if we had stayed with them.’
‘It was quite funny to chat about what we used to think of them whilst dating (obviously so in love) and how we feel about them now.’ Stina says she ‘can’t help but cringe at most of my past, so I wondered, do my exes cringe at me too?’ She adds that although it did feel ‘a little strange’ getting in touch with her old flames, most of whom she hadn’t been in touch with since they parted company, she pressed ahead out of curiosity.
BOYFRIEND NUMBER ONE: Sam
AGE DATED: 14 to 17
RELATIONSHIP DURATION: Nearly four years
JOB: Not known
WHO DUMPED WHO?
He did and is now happily married
SAM’S RESPONSE: No response
WHAT STINA SAYS: Awkward! I dated my first boyfriend for nearly four years. We were childhood sweethearts and although our relationship was immature I would definitely say I loved him. He broke my heart when he dumped me, but two weeks later he asked for me back. We continued our relationship for another year but by this point we were obviously growing apart. I wanted to go to university and he was happy living in Somerset. It’s a shame we’re not friends now as I think it’s always nice when sweethearts keep in touch.
BOYFRIEND NUMBER TWO: Kaine
AGE DATED: 17
RELATIONSHIP DURATION: Six months
JOB: He was a body builder when I knew him. He now works for a mental health charity.
WHO DUMPED WHO? I dumped him as we had very different lives and lifestyles. He’s been dating his girlfriend for three years.
KAINE’S RESPONSE: Dating Stina Sanders in my opinion, is comparable to eating in a really nice dish in a snazzy restaurant and really enjoying it. Yet for some unknown reason (as the food and I are both good quality) the dish and I did not agree. The break up was relatively straightforward and amicable as it was simply down to a conflict of interest, because we were both at different stages of our lives. We also had different lifestyles.
WHAT STINA SAYS: My second boyfriend was a short romance. I don’t think we even lasted for six months! I think I was still caught up with my last boyfriend but needless to say we had a good laugh. We just ran very different lives. We occasionally chat to each other and if we bump into each other it’s always nice to catch up.’
THE CURRENT BOYFRIEND:
I actually met my current partner Chris through ex#3. He’s 31 and owns his own Law recruitment company. He was with someone else at the time and although I fancied him, I never thought anything would happen between us. Fast forward five years and we bumped into each other in Shoreditch; we were both single and it was obvious that we liked each other so we arranged to go for dinner… and the rest is history! We now live together in Chelsea and have a French Bulldog puppy together. THE VERDICT:
I think what I’ve learnt from my past relationships is not to regret any of them, because each man I have dated has taught me something about life or myself that I wouldn’t have discovered if it wasn’t for them. No one is perfect, but life is about finding that someone who can speak your love language and can understand and support you in every step of life. Unfortunately this may mean that you have to kiss a few frogs along the way before you find your prince!
Courtesy: Daily Mail.

No comments:

TRENDING