Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Celtic sign Man City defender, Boyata


Celtic have signed defender Dedryck Boyata from Manchester City on a four-year contract.
The Belgium international, 24, arrived in Glasgow on Sunday to become manager Ronny Deila’s first summer signing in a deal worth around £1.5m.
Boyata made six appearances for City last season but was unable to secure a regular first-team place.
Speaking on Celtic’s website, the defender described the Premiership champions Celtic as “a very big club”.
After moving to Manchester to be part of City’s youth squad in 2006, Boyata had loan spells at Bolton Wanderers and FC Twente between 2011 and 2013.
His only senior cap came as a substitute against Austria in 2010, reports the BBC.
Boyata will effectively replace countryman Jason Denayer, who was on loan from Manchester City, while Deila is keen to keep Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk.
“The manager came to see me in Manchester and I spoke to him about having me here and all the ideas he had for me playing for the team,” added Boyata.
“So I was very pleased with his plans and from that point I thought that moving to Celtic would be a good idea and we tried to do everything right for me to move here.”

No comments:

TRENDING