Sunday, May 03, 2015

I’m scared of domestic violence — Shirley Igwe



Background

My name is Shirley Igwe; I am an actress and Principal Protocol Officer to the Imo State Governor. I am from a family of eight. Growing up was fun; I had no idea what the world was all about. I was well shielded by my parents.

Acting

When I was a little girl, I wondered how movies were made. I wondered if the actors were really what they played out on television. The more I searched for those answers, the more interested I became in movies. I realised that movies are a powerful and great tool for passing information. People watch television and whatever they see affects their lives and mindset in one way or another on a daily basis. I hope to change the world through movies. I watched a lot of Liz Benson’s movies while growing up and she influenced me. When I heard she became an evangelist, I became fonder of her.

Personality

My personality and lifestyle are not far from the-girl-next-door. I cook and love to eat at home. I am very observant and I do not take things personal. I believe life is a gamble; you win some, you lose some. Your lucky day is someone else’s loss so I am free-spirited. I go to church; I pray and fast when I can. I think everyone drinks, so I drink champagne if the moment is right. I am confident.

Aspirations

I aspire to touch lives, to impact others and live a fulfilled life filled with love, laughter and happiness. The zeal to acquire knowledge and surpass my expectations drives me.

Beauty routine

There are no secret tips. I stay clean, starting from my home to my hair, foot, nails, entire body, clothes, underwear, mouth and face. My face is the last point. I try not to sleep with make-up on. Fruit works; it keeps me looking fresh and helps with weight loss. Occasionally, I go for a sauna, steaming and Moroccan bath.

Likes

I might sound like a broken record, but I like honesty. Honest people are really hard to find these days, so I appreciate one whenever our paths cross. I dislike lies. I do not see any justification for people to lie. Almost everyone lies, but I don’t like it especially when it comes from people that are close to me.

Resolutions

I do not have any resolutions. Rather, I thank God and ask Him for wisdom, grace and the strength to pull through each day.

Marriage

I believe marriage is for better or worse and domestic violence should not be encouraged or tolerated in a union because it is not an act of love. I don’t believe an individual will physically abuse someone he or she loves. Domestic violence scares me.

Accessories

My wristwatch, perfumes, hair extensions, shoes and bags are very pricey. I don’t think I have a favourite accessory and I splurge on everything. I have a Swarovski wristwatch that I barely wear; sometimes, I bring it out, admire it, smile to myself and put it back in my wardrobe.

Hobby

I love catching up with friends, blogging, swimming and bowling and knitting.

Style

Style is a total package. I dress to suit my body type; I do not care what everyone wears, if it does not suit my body, I will not wear it. Also, the occasion matters. I am a shy person; I do not like to appear unsure, so I dress to be confident. I also consult some online lookbooks.

No comments:

TRENDING