Sunday, April 05, 2015

Murray Battles Djokovic In Miami Final


Britain’s Andy Murray will face world number one Novak Djokovic in the final of the Miami Open on Sunday.
Third seed Murray beat Czech eighth seed Tomas Berdych 6-4 6-4 to reach the final for a fourth time.

The 27-year-old Scot, who reached 500 career wins last week, won the title in 2009 and 2013.

Defending champion Djokovic overcame USA’s John Isner 7-6 (7-3) 6-2 to set up a meeting with Murray, whom he beat in Indian Wells two weeks ago.

Murray’s convincing victory, in which he broke Berdych’s serve four times, took his career record against him to 6-6.

“I did most things well; there’s not a lot I could complain about,” Murray told BBC.

“My second serve was much better in the second set. I served well on the big points and got a lot of free points behind my serve.

“I’ve played well this week, much better than I did at Indian Wells.”

No comments:

TRENDING