Sunday, April 05, 2015

I Can’t Date A Short Man — Imade Ogbewi



Background

My name is Imade Ogbewi, I am a model and the winner of Nigeria’s Next Supermodel in 2011. I am from Edo State and I was born into a family of eight. I am second to the last child in the family. Growing up was fun because I grew up in a large family, we had lots of fights and we made up too. I attended Command Day Secondary School Oshodi, and I am an Early Childhood Education graduate of the University of Lagos.Modelling

I loved what I saw on television and in magazines so I always imagined being a model. I was scouted by Mrs. Joan Okorodudu of Isis Models at a fashion show. She called me aside and asked me if I had heard about Nigeria’s Next Supermodel and asked me to join the competition. I eventually did and became the winner. I started modeling in 2011.

Nigeria’s Next Supermodel

NNSM is a modelling platform that provides great opportunities for young girls and I would encourage any young girl I know to participate in the competition. We attended workshops and trainings where we were taught etiquettes and how to relate with people. I knew I wanted to win, all the girls in the contest entered for it with the determination to win; I expected it and I won. Participating in it was a great experience for me because I got to travel to other countries and learn about their ways of life. It has improved my modelling career tremendously.

Personality

I am an easy-going person, fun to be with and I’m an extrovert. I like to make friends and I like happy moments. People think models are arrogant but they are not. You have to know people before you are free with them. Also, they think we are flamboyant, but it comes with the job. Because we attend lots of events and fashion weeks, we cannot dress shabbily. We have to keep up with the standard.

Relationship

Love and marriage to me are beautiful experiences which I think everyone should go through at a stage in their life. I am attracted to men that know what they want and go for it. There also has to be a physical attraction. Because I am tall, he has to be tall and handsome too; I can’t date a short man. But most importantly, he has to be kind at heart and a friend to me.

Hobbies

When I am not working, I love watching movies, shopping, hanging out with my friends.

Competition

The modelling industry is quite competitive because as a model you have to always eat healthy, keep in shape and always try to be your best. I try to keep up with the goings-on in the industry and learn. I listen to corrections, and always look good and try to have good skin.

Profile

I have worked at Mercedez Benz Fashion Week Africa, Mercedez Benz Fashion Week Johannesburg, Malta, London Fashion Week, Lagos Fashion and Design Week to mention but a few. Throughout the course of my career, I have had the opportunity to work with designers like Taibo Bacar, Deola Sagoe, David Tlale, Jacob Kimme, Gavin rajah and lots more.

Beauty

I exercise a lot and it eat healthy. It helps me to keep fit and maintain my figure. I will recommend natural beauty products and body moisturisers because they are safer than chemical-based products.

Style

I like to dress very simple and classy; and my personality informs the way I dress because it portrays the way I feel about myself. When I shop, I like to splurge on shoes and bags but as much as I love them, I do not get the really cute ones, because I have large feet.

No comments:

TRENDING